Monday, October 15, 2012

Jaclyn: Welcome baby Caden!



Remember This?!  
This picture feels like it was taken a long time ago.  
Today Caden is out of her tummy and 1 1/2 months old and I'm sitting pretty at 31 weeks! 
 It's Crazy Crazy Crazy how time goes by! 


Here is her story from my point of view: 
I was working out on a Wednesday morning.  August 22, 2012 to be exact.  The class had just let out when I had a voicemail flash on my phone screen... It was from Jaclyn!  

You know what that means... it is BABY TIME!  Yes I'm shouting this to you in my text because I was so surprised!  
My best friend was in labor... How exciting.

My mind went into overdrive.  I had 2 crazy, loving looney tunes to pass off on either my mother in law or mother!  
My mom won that!  

She took the boys from me after I had a chance to clean up and then I was off to Austin to witness an absolute miracle! 

Have you ever seen a baby brought into this world through childbirth the way God created our bodies to do it if all goes as planned?  You need to if you haven't, it is UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

Jaclyn was in the hospital room when Matthew and I had our angel, Cullen.  Unfortunately she was in Bolivia when Eli was born, but fortunately she was where God wanted her to be.  

I was worried for her to watch the entire process of Cullen's arrival but she wouldn't have it another way.  She described it as amazing, unbelievable, a miracle etc, and I got it, but not really.  Not from her point of view.  Now I do and it was beautiful... almost indescribable!

Let me get back on track: 
I got up to Austin about 12:30, 1... I'm not really sure, but when I did she was just getting into intense contractions.  She was a champ!  A Division 1 volleyball player throughout college, back problems, spinal taps etc... This was just another one of those situations.  

I am most impressed that she got to 5.5 cm without any medication!  The pain became to intense and she finally made the great decision to get an epidural... smart woman.  There is NO shame in that.  
This picture group is of Jax being a rock star through contractions.  


We came back into the room after she had been given the epidural and the mood was completely different.  Happy, ready to have a baby! 

Foot massages, jolly ranchers, plenty of encouragement from her hubby Taylor, mom, mom in law, leah and me and lots of waiting.  We were all ready to meet Caden!  Especially mommy and daddy :-)


She was a beauty the entire process of labor.  It was so great to see her smiling especially when they made the great announcement of 10 CM!!!  I love her facial expression.  



It was now time to get things rolling.  I can tell you because I am already a mom, that the pushing process is exhausting.  It is just not fun, it takes everything out of you.  There is a verse: 1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.  

Childbirth is an almost impossible feat.  It takes it all out of you.  You have nothing left when that baby comes out... empty... Then they hand you your baby and everything comes back in an entirely new light!  Life!  It's beautiful!  

Jaclyn pushed through and did an amazing job.  Below are a few pictures of Caden's first moments.  


Mommies are the stars in delivering, but dads are amazing as well.  Taylor was overjoyed by the arrival of Caden.  He was an encourager the entire way and Jaclyn's and his efforts paid off.  He was and is a beautiful BIG baby!  


Instantly a MOMMY!

Another thing I enjoyed watching was how Jaclyn took on the role of "mom" immediately... there was no transitional period at that moment,  simply mommy.  Her facial expressions show it all.  Concern, possibly a little uncertainty, amazement, joy, awe, happiness, LOVE!  

Way to go Jaclyn and Taylor.  You have a beautiful family and handsome little boy.  I am so excited to live out this journey with you!

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go.  Even when he is old he will not depart from it.  

You will be amazing parents!  Show yourselves grace, it's all worth it!

XOXO,
Laura 


No comments:

Post a Comment