Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Eli

March 18, 2008

Matt and I were greeted with the words "It's A Boy!" on a thursday afternoon at 2:01 pm March 18th.  We had waited 9 long months to know if we would be blessed with a son or with a daughter.  
Many guessed we'd have a girl... wrong :-)
During delivery Dr. T even said, "It must be a girl because she is reaching for her credit card..."  I thought... oh I have a girl!  
Then he very quickly said, "Oh no, this is most definitely a BOY!"  
I went through a moment of confusion until Eli Oliver Srp was placed in my arms to be loved on and change my life forever.  
 Matt and I were immediately overwhelmed at the fact that we were now a family! 

If you're a mother then you know the feeling of seeing your child for the very first time.  It's fabulous!

 Eli weighted 9 lbs 5oz, and he was 22 inches long.  He had NO hair, was chubby cheeked and had hands and feet the size of a three month old.  

My sweet Eli is now 4 years old and growing like a weed.  
We had a great time celebrating him with family by keeping it simple and at home.  



The night before his birthday, while he was sleeping, I decorated his door with streamers and balloons.  
A happy surprise for Eli... Thank you Pinterest ;-) 


Good Morning Birthday Boy!


The Loot


Birthday Cake Baked in Tin Cans.
I had a great idea to make the batter from scratch using whole wheat flour.
My great idea and Eli's cake ended up tasting like an iced muffin but good nonetheless!
... sugared candies were necessary to add a bit of sweetness.


It is wonderful that my boys love each other!




Silly faces, mine... a bit scary.


Pappy and Gigi made it by to celebrate 


Gift opening was a joyful time


I really believe that the majority of people who know Eli have been blessed by him in one way or another.  He is truly all boy and truly all teddy bear.  I'm so glad that the Dr. called out, "It's A Boy!"    

Happy Birthday Eli! 

No comments:

Post a Comment