Monday, April 9, 2012

A Wedding

March was full of celebrations.  
One I enjoyed celebrating most was the marriage of Leah and Marshall. 
Finally!!! 
 These two were high school sweethearts and had their ups and downs but made it through and are now happily married.  
Both Leah and Marshall truly care about others and love the Lord and because of this I know that they will do great things together.   

I had the pleasure of being invited to the bridal luncheon and nail party before the big day.  
We had lunch at Z Tejas, a restaurant with great southwestern food.  Our friend Jamie made it and brought her sweet brand new baby boy Jaxson to party with us.  

A joke between Jaclyn, Leah and me is a "Pregnancy Pact"  We made a pact to all get pregnant around the same time so that we would have big baby bellies together.  
Jaclyn, although she wasn't planning on it, is following the plan nicely being that she is due August 27, 2012!!  
As for Leah... we shall see ;-)  She looks pretty natural holding a wee little one.

Oh, and then there is me, I'm not quite following the pact for now either.  

Leah and baby Jax.  
Rehearsal dinner was basically a high school reunion.  Many old friends were gathered to honor and celebrate Leah and Marshall.  The toasting was a special time.  Friends and family shared nothing but positive, encouraging words and memories.  The one statement that was repeated over and over was that Leah and Marshall have a heart for others and are two of the most genuine people they knew.

Matt and I are grateful to Mimi and Pa for watching E and C so that we could be a part of that rehearsal.  

Baby Fix
Soon soon soon they will be holding their little one.  
Matt wouldn't do a booty shot with me.  
attempting to reign me in. 
 We all grew up and had ourselves a significant other!  Funny thing is is that most of us stuck with the Boerneites.  It was great catching up with old friends.  

I would say that God has his hand upon us and that we are all really blessed.  

Matt and I are to the left and Brooke and her boyfriend Chance are to the right.  



Loren and Hunter Granstaff are to the left and Jaclyn, Taylor and baby Yarbrough are to the right. 




My beautiful high school friend Jamie and her precious daughter are on the left.  
...sorry Jamie if you don't like the photo... I didn't have another one and Cam is just too cute! 

My best friend Jaclyn is on the right with me.  I love her to pieces and I am so happy for her and her pregnancy!  What a fantastic mommy she will be!  

Love
 WEDDING DAY


Bride with her Matron and Maid of Honor 
Pregnant Beautiful and Sassy
Leah wanted for me and our friend Taylor to play a song together during the ceremony.  It had been forever since we had played together, 9 years, and I was more than thrilled to do that for them.  
We chose the song by Brandon Heath titled "Love Never Fails". 
 It is a beautiful song with a great message.  

I was nervous to sing when the wedding day finally rolled around.  Marshall and Leah have lots of friends which meant lots of eyes would be watching... 
  Thankfully I was singing for Leah and she would love it no matter what. 
 Once the first note was out, in tune and I sang the correct word it was easy.   

Leah was a knockout.  She was so beautiful in her lace gown and beaming smile!  Everyone knew she was marrying the man of her dreams.  

beaming smile... and I look like an amazonian woman...
After the wedding we headed to Pat O'Breins, a large Irish pub in downtown San Antonio.  

To get to the party you had to walk up a large flight of stairs that ushered you into an old warehouse like room.  Everything from the flowers to the interior architecture of the building made for a  beautiful, romantic atmosphere.  
My favorite statement piece was the old bar and the flowers that accentuated it.  

We were all ready for a party!  Dancing, eating, laughing and reconnecting with friends carried on the rest of the night.  

The wedding was wonderful.  Matt and I had ourselves a great date celebrating a precious couple.   

Jaclyn and her pretty momma 
Belly Shot 
My best accessory of the night!  
I just want to give a shout out first to my mom and dad for watching the boys on the day of the wedding and keeping them over night.  We love you!

also... lame yes, but 
my dress ... A Rachel Roy design found at Macys.  So lovely!  Thanks for your creative abilities Rachel Roy ;-)   

With that said... 
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Fischer!

No comments:

Post a Comment