Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Been a while and now there's a bump!

Hello Again!  
It's been a while and there is a lot to be blogged on.  
Many things have happened since Matt and I found out we were pregnant.  
April Update: 
Easter Celebration
My mom turned 56 and we celebrated at the lake
We made a day trip to Austin to visit my best friend and my brother and sister in law
I cut my hair short... that was a big deal...  
The preschool teachers went on the annual beach retreat at Port Royal in Port A
Went to little friends birthday parties
Matt took me on a business trip with him to Bentonville, Arkansas
We took the boys to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Refuge park for the 1st time, they LOVED it
Matt and I found out we're having our 3rd baby!!  
We celebrated my youngest brother Joshua's 14th birthday
Enjoyed the sights at Pa's car show in Boerne with Pa (Matt's dad)

May Update: 
We celebrated my mother in law's 60th birthday!!  
Ran in the race, One Less, with friends and family to support their adoption plans
Indulged in my cravings of ice cream and other sweets with the boys 
Completed yet another year of preschool and watched the boys perform in the year end program
Supported our Spurs in a great playoff run 
Took the boys to the pool for the first time this summer
Matt and I went to my first OB appointment and took E and C in to see our baby on the ultrasound 
Had a garage sale and FINALLY sold our plaid couches
Celebrated my Aunt Judy and Uncle Ivan's 40th anniversary out at Enchanted Springs Ranch with my Dad's family 
Had a great weekend out at the lake for Memorial Day 
While we were out at the lake, Matt and I also Celebrated 5 years of marriage!  5 years!! 
Matt took me out on a date for our 5 year and surprised me with a very nice unnecessary gift... unfortunately dinner didn't stay down but for maybe 2 hrs :(

June Update: 
Spent great family time with my mother in law's sister Lori and nephew Cody visiting from Hawaii and Kim's brother Mike in from South Carolina.  
Took the boys on "nature" walks to the valero to treat ourselves to something cold on these HOT Texas summer days
Had a great day of pizza and a movie with our friends Rob Lindsey Truitt and Torrin. 
I turned 27 and we basically had a week of celebrating! 
Had a great fathers day weekend with Matt and both of our families
Visited Matt's grandpa and the boy's Pops in the new nursing home he is in.  

AND soon to come... tomorrow... I'll be joining my MIL Kim, SIL Tracey Niece Hannah, and SIL Christian on a trip to NEW YORK CITY to celebrate Kim for her 60th!  Looking forward to it!

Bump Update:

12 Weeks 

How far along? 13 weeks!
Baby Size: The size of a lemon... the scent of something that would settle my stomach during the rough few weeks of the 1st trimester
Total weight gain: ... not going there yet ;-)
Maternity clothes?  It's summertime now and it is getting hot... Maxi dresses are a fabulous fashion creation.  I am wearing non maternity clothing still but do have a few go to maternity pants I'll wear for guaranteed comfort.
Stretch marks? Nope, not from this baby at least...and praying it stays this way.
Sleep: Sleeping well... tossing and turning though and up a lot to visit the bathroom
Best moment this week: Not feeling sick anymore!!!  The 2nd trimester, for me, is a great time!
Miss Anything? My abs... is that totally prideful, yes, but I had worked hard to get them back after #2 and currently I'm in the stage of "is she pregnant or did she eat too much?!"
Movement: Nothing yet...  
Food cravings: Sweets... cookies, ice cream, gum... on the opposite end of the spectrum I crave apples and cottage cheese and fetta cheese out of the cart! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: If this was the 1st trimester I'd answer everything!  now i guess milk can make me nauseated 
Gender: Unknown although I'm beginning to believe it's another boy!
Labor Signs: Far from this :-)
Symptoms: Perking up in certain areas.  Nausea is gone... for the most part.  Emotional mess.  Tired.  Unfortunately dealing with pregnancy break outs... lame!
Belly Button in or out? In/out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Depends... mostly happy although easily irritated... I'm ashamed 
Looking forward to: A trip to New York sporting a baby belly, feeling the baby move, my belly growing into an OBVIOUS baby belly!

Alright that is my update for now!  Hope you've enjoyed.  I plan on elaborating on the months above with pictures and stories, but there just isn't time for that right now!  

Verse that was shared with me today and puts my pregnancy into perspective:

     Psalm 8 ESV:
O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babies and infants,
you have established strength because of your foes,
to still the enemy and the avenger.
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?
Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet,
all sheep and oxen,
and also the beasts of the field,
the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea,
whatever passes along the paths of the seas.
O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment