Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hook 'Em Horns!


Matt and I have supported the UT Longhorns for many years together :D 
It is my doing I suppose.  My family loves the horns and we met each other while I was a junior at the university.  
He was immediately thrown into the craziness... of both the fan support and of my family.  
I remember one of our first dates was at the ring ceremony where I received my class ring. 
{picture below in front of the longhorn}  
Funny thing about this picture is when my little brother Josh first saw it he told us he felt sorry for Matt because he didn't know how to make the UT Hook Em sign correctly...
He didn't know Matt was holding up the Roadrunner sign.  
A man has to support his alum :-)
Josh felt a little better about Matt and his credibility when it was explained.

Like I said, many years of UT outings together, just look below.  We had been on 1 maybe 2 dates when I had the chance to go to the Rose Bowl Championship game in California.  I was texting him most of the time with game updates.  I believe it may have been Matt's first experience with text messaging.  His family made fun of him in the beginning because his much younger girlfriend TEXT MESSAGED him!  Foreign concept to them ;-)  It caught on thankfully!

Our boys have been longhorn fans from the very beginning.  Both Eli and Cullen watched and cheered from within the womb.  

Hot and Brutal games were worth it if the horns won;  tailgates and shopping made it worth it if they didn't. 

We have had friends join us in the fun, watched my cousin get proposed to on the 50 yd line after a game, seen Ricky Williams break records, enhanced OR ruined our Thanks Givings by watching the UT vs ATM game, attended many dreaded hot Cotton Bowl games, have dressed our boys in all sorts of longhorn getups and we hope to see them go on to win a championship this year!   


Beckett has attended one game so far this season.  It was the season opener.  My mom and I took Eli and Cullen by ourselves while the guys were hunting out at the ranch.  Praise the Lord they were well behaved and had a blast. 
David Ash is now a commonly used word in their vocabulary.  
My cousin played on the drum line in college and has an "in" with people now playing on it.  She was able to get the "Big Bertha" team to let E and C hold the sticks and get a picture in front of the drum.  

Eli has a solid hook em hand sign, Cullen is still working on it.  His is a one horned hook em, but I'm confident he will have it down soon. 

Fun UT facts: 
*Matt gave me my engagement ring at one of the Cotton Bowl game weekends while at dinner for my sister's birthday.  She opened the ring box as one of her gifts then handed it over to me.  I was quite surprised and equally happy! 
* Eli had the Texas Fight song memorized by the time he was 2
*Eli surprised us by randomly saying "Hey I know how to spell TEXAS backwards... SAXET!" ... who taught you that?!
*We own maybe 7 UT jerseys between the boys {collected over the years}
*My closest cousin was proposed to on the 50 yard line after a game and we cheered him on from above. 
*Cullen is entertained for long periods of time by the UT iPhone app and all the different fight songs the app will play.  
*Matt didn't go to UT but he did play baseball for UTSA and I'd like to attribute his cute rear end to his many years of playing.

There are many more but I'm falling asleep.  I can't go on :-)

Hope you've enjoyed this random UT blog post.  We love our horns!  
Way to go so far this season... 
Let's work on defense!! 

Joyfully and with much 
XOXO, 
Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment