Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Color Run ATX 2012

The Color Run ATX 2012 is one of my favorite memories to date with my girlfriends.  When Katie asked me if I would go with them to the race I thought, "Austin, Tx... Color Run... hmmm"  this could be very interesting!  It was nothing like I was expecting it to be.  I was told that throughout the 3 mile run there would be people all around throwing colored powder at you.  More thoughts that ran through my mind, "I'm going to need protective eyewear, I'll need clothes I can throw away, will it hurt??"  Silly, yes, but still I was a little worried.  I decided to join them and thank goodness I did.

Thank you Katie for driving and Misty for letting us use your car.  Once we arrived in Austin, Matt's El Rancho was the restaurant of choice for our pre race meal.  Smart?  You bettcha!  It was delicious, fun and a great place to spend time with the girls before the morning events.  


I, of course, forgot to pack my white clothing for the run so we made a short stop at Walmart after dinner.  We purchased some necessary and some unnecessary items while there ;-)
Meow
Woof
Pre-Race Sweats 
Jellybeans? Golden Girls? Three's Company?

The morning of the race was cold and windy.  We were very tired from the lack of sleep and definitely not prepared for what was to come!  6,000 runners and lots of mud!!  The race was insane, messy, muddy, messy, cold, messy...do you get it?  We finished with only one group member taking a spill, (won't mention any names) all clothing was accounted for, but unfortunately we were colorless.  

wearing our WHITE before the race
Race start 
We thought this was dirty
Mud
More Mud
Slippery Wet Mud
Deep Sloshy Mud 
"Are we really doing this"
Taking a break from Wades "Tip-toe Tip-toe" encouragement!
The after party was a different story; there was so much color!  They couldn't get to the runners on the course because of the mud so they stored it for the after party.  Dancing and laughing were a great remedy for the soreness we knew we'd experience the day after trudging through 3.2 miles of mud.  

Colored Powder Floating in the Air
Katie 
Alyssa


She is Pretty Cool 
Notice the Line on Misty's Leg?


Misty 
Courtney

Color!
The Damage 
Shoes? 
 Katie's Blonde Hair 
We conquered ;-)
The Color Run will now be a yearly trip for us!  What a memorable weekend.  Habitat for Humanity has something wonderful going for them with this race! 

No comments:

Post a Comment