Thursday, March 8, 2012

The So long Paci Update

Operation "So Long Paci" COMPLETED!!! 
Yay Cullen, you're such a big boy now!  
With out the paci you have been communicating so much more and oh my goodness you have been talking my head in circles.  

Cullen's now favorite, very clear as day sayings are:
"No!" - very frustrating to me
"Pee pee head... hahaaahhaaahhhaaaa" & "Poo Poo Head...hahahaaahahaha"- I'm not sure how I'll break him of  this! 
 "I love you Mommy"- This one makes my heart melt 
"Jesus Love ME!"- This one keeps me keepin' on

Plus my munchkin sings all the time now.  It's great not having his face plugged up!

It wasn't all easy breezy!  The first nap was brutal.  He screamed, he cried and it all made me feel sooooo guilty for not giving him the paci he wanted.  It took almost everything in me to not give him the paci I told him was lost, but was siting on the desk ready to be loved on by a very sad sweet boy.  

Solution... go upstairs, and give him options.  
Option 1: 
He could take the soccer paci  with a small tear in it that I knew he'd refuse to take.
Option 2: 
He could use the corner of his blanket to chew/suck on in place of a paci
Option 3.  
He could go to sleep cuddling his favorite stuffed animal and we would give the pacifier he wanted and the soccer ball paci to the baby goat we visited the day prior.  

Cullen decided on a combo of 1 2 and 3! 

After about 20 minutes he cuddled his donald duck, told me he wanted to give the paci to the goat, and put his blanket in his mouth to finally drift off to sleep!
Sweet!

Each day has been easier and easier for Cullen.  Now a week and a 1/2 later his pacifier is gone forever.
  My baby is so grown up :-D
Example of Option 2
The Goats that left an impression enough on Cullen for him to be willing to gift his pacifiers to them. 


Bonding

Missy and Prissy- Soon to be recipients of a very loved pacifier 
Feels good to be successful.  Milestone ;-)

... now onto potty training.  Lord help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment